Barbados’ weather is generally warm and sunny all year round. In fact, Barbados has over 3,000 hours of sunshine each year!
The prevailing northeast trade winds blow steadily so that although it is bright and sunny, it is not unbearably hot. The nights are usually slightly cooler. The rain typically comes in quick showers.
- Windy season: From December to April-May
- Wind Average: 17knots. Generally from 15 to 25knots, however, we sometimes get 30+knots days!
- Air temperature: Average daytime high of 27º (max 30º min 24º)
- Water temperature: Between 26º and 31º, same as the air temperature!
- Dry season: From January to June
- Rainy season: Most of the tropical rainstorms occur from June to October. Hurricanes usually avoid Barbados. They arise off the
Coast and head to the Caribbean, swinging North about 100 miles from Barbados. Rain is usually followed quickly by sunny skies and within minutes everything will be dry.